If you’re a regular user of Google Reader it should come as no shock that Google’s pulling the plug on its reader tonight. Farewell, Google Reader! You will be missed. But for PoP readers who are still looking to get their fix of blogs after Google Reader is gone for good, feel free to subscribe via email, or migrate your Google Reader Feeds to Feedly or BlogLovin‘ (two alternative readers that seem to be absorbing a lot of the slack).
When you migrate before Google Reader shuts down, you’ll be able to download your organization structure directly to your new reader. So good luck!
It’s been far too long since I had a chance to thank those who have been sharing our posts, so here goes.
Love From Others
- Our post Are You Overpaying For Prescriptions was included in the Financial Carnival for Young Adults hosted by Gen Y Finance Journey.
- Fearless Men included our post I’m Riding A Bike To Work in their Fearless Men’s Most Wanted.
- Our He Said She Said: On Superstores got some love from Budget and the Beach in Link Love From Detroit, Eyes on the Dollar in Roundup #40, and was included in the Carnival of Personal Finance – State Parks Edition over at Adam Hagerman.
- One of our most popular posts recently was our recent post on How Much Leverage You Should Use to Buy A House, which earned shout-outs from Mom and Dad Money in Short Term Cash In Your Asset Allocation, Common Cents Wealth in Weekly Recap, Evolving PF in Favorite Posts, Funny About Money in Various Cool Stuff, My FI Journey in Weekend Link Love, Reach Financial Independence in the Financial Independence Carnival, and by Financial Conflict Coach in the Yakezie Carnival.
- Another post that I hope helped a lot of people out was our outline of Securing Financial Accounts Against Fraud, which was mentioned by Mom and Dad Money in Insurance and Investing Don’t Play Well Together, by Common Cents Wealth in Weekly Recap, by Mo Money Mo Houses in the Carnival of Money Pros, and by Master the Art of Saving in Financial Carnival for Young Adults, and by Miss Thrifty in the Carnival of Personal Finance.
- And lastly, our recent post about 100 Boxes – How Many Would You Open? caused some introspection and sharing by Fix Em Up Rent Em Out in What Mr. Lincoln Taught Me About the Power of Stories, and by Cash Rebel in What’s My Life Worth?
Thanks to everyone who has shared PoP posts recently! If there’s anyone we missed thanking, please let us know! =)
Love For Others
- Anna from Are Ya Gonna Eat That took a big step and told her fiance about the debt she’s been digging herself out of. Way to go, Anna!
- Bankers Anonymous shares Why You Hate Your Bank. Do not read if prone to high blood pressure or hypertension. Relating to his “customer service” experience could push you over the edge.
- Jordann from My Alternate Life got hitched! And spilled the details of how much the wedding cost her. It’s more than we spent (eloping is awesome!), but way less than the typical wedding. Congrats, Jordann!
- Mr 1500 of 1500 Days aired some dirty laundry in Thursday Rant: Hoarding Madness! Good luck to the 1500’s in the downsizing and with the ants!
- Phoebe at All You Need Is Enough is planning for a baby… and they’re not even pregnant yet! Now that’s planning ahead to get some bargains. Wow. But looks like she’s gotten some amazing garage sale deals!
- Emily at Evolving PF digs up some statistics comparing 30 year olds today (that’s me and Mr PoP!) and compares us to 30-year-olds in 1960s. Asking whether we’re stuck in adolescence. Interesting comments…
Have a good week!