We went a bit overboard with food and gas this month as we had a couple of visitors at the start of the month, and then another at the end of the month (who’s still with us now). I know that’s not uncommon, but it still makes me a little disappointed. =( Having to write a big fat $0 for miscellaneous income is also a big reminder that I need to send away for some flex reimbursements. Hopefully I’ll make that non-zero next month.
The Bottom Line
- Earnings before principal paydowns and savings allocations of $5,657.
So here are the details…
- Wages and Salaries (after taxes, 401K deposits, HSA allocations, etc.): $8,634
- Rental Income: $1,440
- Miscellaneous Income (rebates, med reimbursements, etc.): $0 – mental note to Mrs. PoP send in the receipts for flex reimbursement!
- Total Income: $10,074
- Groceries: $511
- Eating Out: $486
- Total Food: $997 – Ouch! Visitors at the start and end of the month put that over the top as we tried to stock up and make sure we had plenty of variety for other tastebuds in the house!
- Mortgage: $1,166
- Home Maintenance and Repairs: $1,242 – $1200 (already set aside for The Tree) = $42
- Total Home: $1,218
- Gas: $594 – Again with the visitors, we were driving a LOT during their visits…
- Auto Repairs / Maintenance: $51
- Total Transportation: $645
- Bills/Utilities for Primary Residence: $445
- Bills/Utilities for Investment Properties: $112
- Total Bills / Utilities: $557
- Interest Payments on Non-Mortgage Debt: $143
- Car Loan Payments: $265
- Total Interest / Car Loan Payments: $408
- General Shopping: $376 – it’s getting to be birthday/holiday season!
- Pet Supplies / Care: $8
- Total Shopping: $384
- Gym / Fitness: $183 – of this amount, $110 is for race fees that I booked early for discounts!
- Media Subscriptions: $25
- Total Fitness/Entertainment: $208
- Total “Everyday Expenditures”: $4,417
- EBPPS = $10,074 – $4,417 = $5,657
Principal Paydowns / Savings Allocations
- Principal on HELOC: $4,500
- Transfer to IRA Holding Account: $1,000
- Total Principal Paydowns / Savings Allocations: $5,500
Net Income = EBPPS – (Principal Paydowns + Savings Allocations)
- $5,657 – $5,500 = $167 = Net Income