There was definitely some progress on the PoP balance sheet this month, and unlike last month where it was a lot of gains due to realizing the duplex’s increase in value, this month it was virtually all real gains through putting money into savings (stock and cash) as well as some pretty major paydowns on debt.
- Our total assets went up ~$5.4K as you saw on the Income Statement, about $1.5K of the cash gains here are transient since we’re likely to make a big purchase somewhat soon… but they are there for now.
- Our total liabilities dropped by ~$7.3K, thanks to another big lump sum pay down on the HELOC
- Net worth rose by about $12.7K this month
- Total net worth as of the end of November is $404.2K. That’s up almost $100K since May!
And for the details…
So this is the first time that I’ve taken the totals into a separate chart, since I thought the scale was getting thrown off by them. What do you guys think of the change?
Why do we look at our assets and liabilities split up this way? For us, it’s an easy way to look across all the different categories of assets and see which ones we have equity in, and how much equity. If the Assets bar is taller than the Liabilities bar, that’s equity in that asset class.
- 401K accounts: $82.3
- Roth IRA accounts: $91.2
- Non-Retirement Stock Accounts: $0.6
- Total Stock Accounts: $174.1
Real Estate (based on current market comparable sales)
- Primary Residence $170
- Investment Duplex: $97
- Investment Residential Land: $80
- Total Real Estate: $347
Cars (values from Kelly Blue Book)
- Car 1: $8.7
- Car 2: $11.6 – I update these about every six months, and noticed some tiny scratches on the bumper since the last update, so I downgraded the KBB condition from “very good” to “good”, hence the somewhat sizable jump downwards from October 2012
- Total Cars: $20.3
- Checking Accounts: $10.3
- Savings/Money Market Accounts: $25.5
- Total Cash Holdings: $35.8
Total Assets: $577.2
Real Estate Loans
- Primary Mortgage: $105.5
- HELOC on Investment Duplex: $8.0 – can you believe this balance was $38K in May?!? We could theoretically kill this thing in January, which would be pretty epic.
- Personal Loan – Used to Purchase $50K Duplex: $50.0
- Total Real Estate Related Loans: $163.5
- Car 1: $0.0
- Car 2: $7.4
- Total Car Loans: $7.2
- Credit Card Balance: $2.3
- Total Revolving Credit: $2.3