- Good growth here on the PoP balance sheet as well. We’re continuing to knock out some good growth on the assets side while also hacking away at those liabilities.
- Our total assets went up ~$10.1K with $8.6K of that growth in our stock funds and another net of $1.2K in savings – though that’s temporary as it’s set aside for our tree.
- Our total liabilities dropped by ~$6.4K, so they are also moving in the right direction. $6K of that drop in liabilities came from a lump payment to the principal on our HELOC.
- Net worth rose more than $16.5K from last month! We had a bit more asset growth that debt elimination this month, but since they’re in accounts that we can’t really touch for a very long time, we’ll take it for now. Hope to keep up the solid attacks on the debt.
- Total net worth as of the end of August is $344.4K.
And for the details…
Why do we look at our assets and liabilities split up this way? For us, it’s an easy way to look across all the different categories of assets and see which ones we have equity in, and how much equity. If the Assets bar is taller than the Liabilities bar, that’s equity in that asset class.
- 401K accounts: $72.8
- Roth IRA accounts: $89.0
- Non-Retirement Stock Accounts: $0.6
- Total Stock Accounts: $162.4
Real Estate (based on current market comparable sales)
- Primary Residence $170
- Investment Duplex: $70
- Investment Residential Land: $80
- Total Real Estate: $320
Cars (values from Kelly Blue Book)
- Car 1: $8.9
- Car 2: $13.1
- Total Cars: $22.0
- Checking Accounts: $10.9
- Savings/Money Market Accounts: $19.0
- Total Cash Holdings: $29.9
Total Assets: $534.3
Real Estate Backed Loans
- Primary Mortgage: $107.0
- HELOC on Investment Duplex: $23.5
- Total Real Estate Backed Loans: $130.5
Personal Loans (Unsecured)
- Personal Loan from Family Members: $50.0
- Total Personal Loans: $50.0
- Car 1: $0.0
- Car 2: $7.9
- Total Car Loans: $7.9
- Credit Card Balance: $1.5
- Total Revolving Credit: $1.5
Total Liabilities: $189.9
Net Worth = Assets – Liabilities
Net Worth = $344.4